Meet Our Team
La Luz Counseling is looking to add another member to our counseling team. The job requires full Texas licensure alongside ability to offer sessions in both Spanish and english to children and adults alike. Please send letters of interest to Sarah Rivera at email@example.com.
The mission of La Luz Counseling is to inspire transformation by encouraging others’ boldness to confront limitations and create contagious change.
La Luz Defined: Spanish for “The Light” which, for us, has a three-fold meaning:
- light– defined as “radiant energy; something that make things visible or affords illumination”
- As counselors, we are serving as the guiding light for clients who seek guidance towards change.
- As counselors, we aid clients in illuminating certain areas in their life in which they may be holding in the dark or be unaware of.
- The Light– God is light. In John 8:12 Jesus says “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Because God is in us, we are also light. “[We] Are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.” (Matthew 5:14)
- La Luz– After the beloved Maria De La Luz Sanchez Almendariz, Maternal Grandmother of Sarah Almendariz Rivera. She was radiant to all those around her, kind, Jesus- loving, humble and strong.
Sarah Almendariz Rivera, LPC and owner
I help children and adults work through the tough stuff in their lives. By the time you come to visit us in counseling, you’ve likely tried it all and are wondering “what else am I supposed to do?” If you’re feeling worried, frustrated, stressed or overwhelmed, you’ve come to the right place. In counseling, we focus on changing you rather than changing what’s going on around you. I specialize in treating those affected by trauma and tough transitions in their life. I will teach you actual strategies to grab hold of the thoughts you’re thinking and work through things holding your back. I look forward to meeting you soon!
If you’re looking for more information on LPC Supervision, please click here.
Kimberly A. Alaniz, LCSW
I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and received my Masters of Social Work at Our Lady of the Lake University. I enjoy working with different people but specialize in treating individuals struggling with anxiety and depression. I am bilingual and host counseling sessions for Spanish-speakers. I also have extensive experience working with young children and teens on different topics like mental health issues, family problems and different transitions. I also offer appointments on weekends!
Laura Kotlowski, LPC
I feel privileged and blessed to be a part of clients’ healing processes. I strive to create a safe, comfortable, and judgment free environment. I am humbled to witness the healing that occurs in therapy where there was previously confusion, pain, and hopelessness. My mission is to support and guide my clients in their journey of healing and to walk beside them towards their specific, personalized goals. My first goal is for you to “fire” me – that we do such good work that you ultimately reach your goals and no longer need regular therapy sessions. My second goal is that you look back so fondly on your first experience with me, that if you need therapy again, or have a loved one who needs some support, that you do not hesitate a moment to reach out!
Send us a message below and someone will get back to you via email in just a few hours- even on nights, holidays and weekends! Guaranteed! At La Luz Counseling we understand that when you need help, you need it now- not just during business hours Monday through Friday.
If we can't help you, we promise to point you in the direction of someone who can.